Mobile Lobby Experience at Walt Disney World Resort

Some of you may already have experienced the new Mobile Lobby Experience (MLE) that was rolled out in February at Walt Disney World Resort hotels, in addition to Disney's Vero Beach Resort and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa.

MLE is a mobile application which was developed to enhance Guest arrivals and departures. The application is used on iPads.  The application development was a collaborative effort with Global Business Technology Solutions (GBTS) and Lodging Interactive, as well as front office cast feedback.

"Before releasing the application, we partnered with Lodging on an interactive proof of concept," said Mark Winkelbauer, director, Custom Software Delivery. "This enabled us to create a strong application for this mobile solution."

MLE allows Cast Members to assist Guests with check-in curbside and elsewhere in the lobby besides just the front desk, which helps minimize wait times.

So far the feedback from Cast Members and Guests has been possitive, with people appreciating the efficiency of the system and personalization.

Future releases of MLE are in the works for Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort and Disneyland Resort hotels. The team involved is also sharing the functionality with Disney's international site partners and Disney Cruise Line.

"MLE is a great example of how our company continues to innovate the Guest experience while simultaneously solving a business challenge," said Carol Campbell, director of the Lodging line of business. "I'm looking forward to the continued, strong partnership of GBTS and Lodging, and the strides we'll make together to enhance the Guest experience."

I got to experience this for WWW. I checked in for four campsites in the regular line.  I got the texts that my sites were ready, but had to go back to the desk to find out which reservation was assigned to which site. (It did matter cause all the sites had different checkout dates). There was someone at the door with an iPad, and they were able to give me this information without waiting in line, which was pretty long by that time.

I am no Apple fan but the ipad is a well executed device with tons of apps which can literally be life changing.   for example anna's speech is improving through her use of a program called proloquo.  she takes the ipad to school and the therapists work with her on it too.  we also have a nexus 7 tablet which in many ways is a superior device hardware wise, but there arent as many educational apps yet for the android platform.  that will change, and i also think there will be more business use of the better android tablets going forward due to cost as well as penetration of the google platform.

in any case, good job on disneys part using these tools to reduce wait times.

Dave, clearly you aren't medicated enough because your posts make sense.

But Dave's posts don't make sense even when he's in his normal state, whatever that means.

So maybe he needs to be drugged in order to make some sense of his otherwise incomprehensible posts.