MK touring plan for last Spring Break

Yes, my name is Kelly, and I'm a planner. I admit it. Some people want to see this and it will give others reasons to make fun of me. Here's our MK day on a semi-recommended day during Spring Break last year, level 9-10 crowds. I had the plan in the notes on my iphone and added some times along the way when i remembered. Keep in mind that while Dumbo had moved, the rest of New Fantasyland wasn't open. Still, you can see how much is possible, even with a break. Yes, we made it to the crazy EMH at 7AM.... 6:45 actually. We had an early night the day before and a break day after. It was totally worth it. So here it is, cringe or enjoy!

RD 7:00 AM EMH

FPV PP 7:45 return

Dumbo

Pooh

SW 7:28

Small world

PP with FP 7:45

Pirates

Carpets 8:30

JC 8:35

HM

Fairies 9:20

FPV space (return 11:20)

10:20 ADR at CRT arrive 10:10

Space with FP 11:30

Out by noon

Return 4:30

FPV Buzz 6:50 return

Carousel of progress

People mover 5:15

Mickeys philhar-magic

Space with previous PS pass

Buzz with FP

CS dinner

Show in front of castle

Parade spot right after

MSEP at 9

Wishes

Head back to the Fort

No laughing from me. You did a great job!

What does "FPV" mean? I assume the FP refers to Fastpass, but I'm not getting the "V."

My only critique is that you should be picking up new Fastpasses before you use the ones that you are holding. For example, if your Peter Pan Fastpass was good at 7:45, pick up another Fastpass right at 7:45, then go ride Peter Pan. Maybe this year, grab an Ariel FP on your way to PP.

There are now Fastpasses for Dumbo and the Goofy rollercoaster, but if you're there at rope drop, you won't need them.

TCD

Now that's how to "do it all" (or damn near close) at MK during Spring Break!

The only thing that throws a kink into a plan like that now is that they're enforcing FP return times.

They were then too. But parent swap passes don't have return times. ;)

No laughing from me. You did a great job!

What does "FPV" mean? I assume the FP refers to Fastpass, but I'm not getting the "V."

My only critique is that you should be picking up new Fastpasses before you use the ones that you are holding. For example, if your Peter Pan Fastpass was good at 7:45, pick up another Fastpass right at 7:45, then go ride Peter Pan. Maybe this year, grab an Ariel FP on your way to PP.

There are now Fastpasses for Dumbo and the Goofy rollercoaster, but if you're there at rope drop, you won't need them.

TCD

Thanks!!!!

FPV= FP volunteer... 1 adult goes and meets the family where we are heading. Quicker and less tiring than everyone going.

Not getting another set of FP was just because in Fantasyland, there werent any that we needed. This was before Barnstormer had one and before Little Mermaid. BTMR was also closed or I would have pulled it before Pirates. I waited to pull Space to make it after my CRT ADR.

Thanks!!!!

FPV= FP volunteer... 1 adult goes and meets the family where we are heading. Quicker and less tiring than everyone going.

Not getting another set of FP was just because in Fantasyland, there werent any that we needed. This was before Barnstormer had one and before Little Mermaid. BTMR was also closed or I would have pulled it before Pirates. I waited to pull Space to make it after my CRT ADR.

OK- got it, I call it Fastpass runner, and having one person take the tickets and go for Fastpasses is a great strategy. That is usually me while my girls take a break or do a little shopping.

One tweak I would suggest this year is that you consider a late lunch at BOG before heading back for your break. You could grab a couple of extra Fastpasses in the morning that way. With the late lunch, you could eat dinner back at your camper, and then head back to the MK a little later and stay around to do stuff after Wishes.

TCD

For another perspective -

We did this Christmas Week 2011 sans FP-

EMH at MK -

Buzz Lightyear

Dumbo

SW & IASW (family split - Girls one ride boys the other)

Peter Pan

End EMH

Haunted Mansion - 15 min

River boat ride

Tiki Room

Magic Carpet Ride - 15 min

Jungle Cruise - 25 min

Check POC - Decide to have lunch at Tortuga

POC - 15

BTMMR - 20-30 min wait

(skipped splash mountain this trip)

Barnstormer - 30-45 min (carried card up to top - wait time was off)

copped a squat on a curb for the afternoon parade

don't remember rest of day but I know we would have ridden tea cups and the speedway. Speedway is typically our longest wait of the day

OK- got it, I call it Fastpass runner, and having one person take the tickets and go for Fastpasses is a great strategy. That is usually me while my girls take a break or do a little shopping.

One tweak I would suggest this year is that you consider a late lunch at BOG before heading back for your break. You could grab a couple of extra Fastpasses in the morning that way. With the late lunch, you could eat dinner back at your camper, and then head back to the MK a little later and stay around to do stuff after Wishes.

TCD

We're doing a 6:00 dinner at BOG. I'd eat lunch there too, but then Jason would think I'm REALLY insane. Plus, it might ruin some of the dinner magic. We can do another CS lunch or eat lunch on our break.

I'd like to know your thoughts on changing up Fantasyland. I want to take out Pooh, SW (obviously), and IASW and add Belle, LM (even though it may or may not SMB), Ariel meet (remember DS thinks he's going to marry her) and Barnstormer.

Later in the morning, I want to take out JC and Carpets and add BTMRR.

Is it possible to do that and still get a break???? I'm hoping!

We're doing a 6:00 dinner at BOG. I'd eat lunch there too, but then Jason would think I'm REALLY insane. Plus, it might ruin some of the dinner magic. We can do another CS lunch or eat lunch on our break.

I'd like to know your thoughts on changing up Fantasyland. I want to take out Pooh, SW (obviously), and IASW and add Belle, LM (even though it may or may not SMB), Ariel meet (remember DS thinks he's going to marry her) and Barnstormer.

Later in the morning, I want to take out JC and Carpets and add BTMRR.

Is it possible to do that and still get a break? ??? I'm hoping!

I see. If you're going to dinner there at 6, then definitely don't have lunch there too on the same day.

As far as changing things up- we've been lucky with Belle. We never had a long wait there, but I have heard that it has been long lately. So, if that's a must do for you, it would make sense to hit that first at rope drop. I would say send your FPV to get a Fastpass for something and then head right to Belle. Then The Ariel ride- the line won't be long that early in the morning so I wouldn't FP it-plust the queue is worth seeing. Then meet Ariel (right next door). If you're lucky, the gates will be open and you can walk right over to Dumbo from there. If not, you will have to walk all the way out of New Fantasyland, around the Mine Train ride, and to Dumbo and The Barnstormer. I'm not sure what is open for morning EMH's, so you will need to check this- I'm just throwing out ideas. After you get those things done- whatever you got that Fastpass for should be good, or you might have already had to use it. Then I would get a Big Thunder FP, and work on your Adventureland attractions until that is good.

TCD