From Inside the Magic...

I tried to post the actual text and was having issues. Some interesting details.... reservations for regular tickets will begin 60 days out. You can only make reservations for 1 park per day. You can only get a FP+ to an attraction once in a day. There will no longer be traditional FP. You can make changes during the day as you go. They will be adding additional CS restaurants (beginning with BOG lunch based on a different article I posted.)

http://www.insidethe...g-enhancements/

While the spreadsheet side of me thinks it will be pretty cool to spread out the fast passes along a tour plan, the spontaneous side of me is pretty horrified at the thought that I can only 1 fast pass a day for any one ride. Last visit, we utilized fast pass 3 times for Space Mountain [using it within the proper window frame].

The one line, paper tickets will not allow admission to the parks but must be converted means that there will be no standard Fast Passes for anyone.

I know they've done a lot of testing, but I also expect that they'll tweak how this all works as it rolls out.

I may have missed it, but what about people that don't have a smart phone or other web-enabled device?

Also I tried out the park WiFi one day we were there and it was miserably slow. How's that going to work when you suddenly have a large chunk of park attendees online trying to navigate all this stuff?

Monique, I haven't seen what people without cells/wifi devices will do. I know it's a big question of international travelers. I'm guessing there will be kiosks or something. Maybe a secondary market for ipod rental?

As far as the wifi being slow, that's a big concern of mine. Guests already overwhelm the cell towers at times. I imagine the wifi will be the same.

The part that irks me the most, if it stays as it says, is that there is no alternative. You either plan your day with the Fast Passes & stuff or you ride stand by. That's it. The whole purpose of their Fast Pass is gone. If you park hop, you can only get Fast Passes for one park. The second park, stand by.

That you can no longer use the Fast Pass as the Fast Pass is pretty stinking mean. There is no flexibility, because we all know that changing it on the fly in the park is going to be a cluster you know what. There is no way they will be able to handle all the people who are trying to figure out the new online system because they didn't know till they got there along with those who are just trying to change a fast pass time.

The article basically said if you have a "paper ticket" you can still use the current FP system instead of the idiotic plan 60 days ahead the exact time you will be at Space Mountain system.

My question is this: what qualifies as a paper ticket?

If i have annual pass vouchers to turn in....once i turn them in is my pass considered a "paper pass"??

If so, when is it no longer a paper pass? When i sync it with the KTTW card?

This is all admittedly confusing and seemingly not very well thought out.

I don't park hop, but it will also affect people like TCD who do because you can only schedule one park per day.

The whole Fastpass system started up right when we started to visit the parks a lot. Along the way, we learned several tricks which allowed us to maximize the advantages of the system.

I don't like anything about this Next Generation business, but if that's the game we have to play, then I'll play it. Fortunately for my family, we got to enjoy the old Fastpass system. When the twins head off to college, we aren't going to be visiting the parks as much. This new way of doing things may work well for us on our less frequent visits.

The most interesting thing to me about how it is described in the article is how it seems to discourage park hopping. I thought selling the park hopper option was a gold mine for Disney. It looks like they are making a big shift in that regard. Maybe all of the transportation they have to provide is eating into the profit too much, and the new paradigm is encouraging folks to stay in the same park all day.

TCD

Aaron- My guess is when you turn in your voucher, you'll get the new kind of AP but current pass holders can choose to exchange or not. People holding partial non-expiration tickets or unused tickets would also have paper tickets.

The most interesting thing to me about how it is described in the article is how it seems to discourage park hopping. I thought selling the park hopper option was a gold mine for Disney. It looks like they are making a big shift in that regard. Maybe all of the transportation they have to provide is eating into the profit too much, and the new paradigm is encouraging folks to stay in the same park all day.

TCD

I thought the same thing. We don't park hop because we have a little guy, and it's not worth the extra expense, but I know tons of people who pay the extra to do it. Very curious.

Aaron- My guess is when you turn in your voucher, you'll get the new kind of AP but current pass holders can choose to exchange or not. People holding partial non-expiration tickets or unused tickets would also have paper tickets.

So in that case since i only have a voucher and no pass yet.....i cannot schedule anything under the new system and will also not be able to use the old fastpass system it sounds like. But will be able to schedule things once i make the exchange from voucher to pass?

If that is the case i will be making my fastpass reservations for what is ledt over after everyone else has had sixty days to schedule there rides? I am so confused. Why would that be a good thing?

It says this in the middle of the article which leads me to believe that the current Fast Pass will no longer be active if there are no paper tickets in the park.

Likewise, old paper tickets will no longer work for theme park admission, requiring the new tickets to enter.

It says this in the middle of the article which leads me to believe that the current Fast Pass will no longer be active if there are no paper tickets in the park.

Likewise, old paper tickets will no longer work for theme park admission, requiring the new tickets to enter.

You know, I read that and thought this can't possibly be true. What a mess it will create.

But then I thought of the Disney Dining Plan. When it first came along, it really annoyed me, but I never thought it would have long term negative effects on the WDW restaurants.

I was sure wrong about that.

I have said it before, and it has been proven time and time again- Disney is managed by a bunch of idiots. If this Next Gen stuff is really going to not allow guests to get regular Fastpasses, then it is going to be a royal mess. I don't believe this part of it, but as I said, even though I expect it, I still have been surprised by the depth of the management's stupidity before, and this may be another one of those times.

TCD