Halloween-y “Goth Goodies” at Disney Parks Candy Shops

From the Disney Food blog...

Halloween-y “Goth Goodies” at Disney Parks Candy Shops

Jul 31st, 2012 by AJ.

So…I’m not sure how I feel about this. I find it kind of humorous and kind of grotesque. icon_wink.gif

Goth-Goodies-in-Disney-Parks-600x400.jpg

Goth Goodies in Disney Parks

“Goth Goodies” have been introduced for the Halloween season (I’m guessing) and feature your choice of bloody skulls and bones, or “haunted mansion” colored candy corn!

Skulls-and-Bones-417x625.jpg

Skulls and Bones Goth Goodies

I’m hoping those skulls and bones are sour like tiny tarts. (I know; sounds gross just talking about it, right?)

Candy-Corn-417x625.jpg

Candy Corn Goth Goodies

I haven’t tried ‘em yet, but I DO love candy corn! I’m eager to hear what you think!

I found these all over Walt Disney World’s candy stores, and I imagine Disneyland will have them, too!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/07/31/halloween-y-goth-goodies-at-disney-parks-candy-shops/

• 3 weeks later...

More from the Disney Food Blog.

Anyone seen these at turning up at WDW yet?

New! Madame Leota Lollipops in Disney Parks

Aug 15th, 2012 by AJ.

As part of the new Halloween Goth Goodies candy line popping up in Disney Parks confectioneries, this Madame Leota lollipop showed up in Disneyland this week! Heather sent over some photos and a mini-review!

Madame-Leota-Lollipop-354x625.jpg

Madame Leota Lollipop

Madame Leota is an iconic character in Disney’s Haunted Mansion rides around the world. A “medium,” whose face floats ethereally in a crystal ball (which was recently given the ability to float, itself), this character was played by Leota Toombs, a Disney imagineer whose “eyes were the right distance apart to fit the test model,” she recalled.

Close-up-of-Madame-Leota-Lollipop-468x625.jpg

Close Up of Leota

The sucker is clear (not a common find in Disney Parks) with a fruit punch flavor, and costs $3.45. Diameter is about 3.5 inches.

Heather got it at Trolley Treats in Disney California Adventure, but it’s also at Marceline’s Confectionery in Downtown Disney. We’re guessing these will pop up in Disney World as well, if they haven’t already.

Madame-Leota-Lollipop-2-468x625.jpg

Madame Leota Lollipop

Here’s how it works: the artwork of Madame Leota is pretty much a clear sugar sticker. As you lick it, the image starts fading immediately. According to Heather, the flavor is sweet but not too sweet.

Heather’s son quickly figured out the trick of the treat: “I figured this lollipop out. It’s on a eatable sticker.” He decided to have a staring contest with Leota…

Staring-Contest-468x625.jpg

Staring Contest with Leota

Madame-Leota-Lollipop-Sticker-melting-468x625.jpg

Leota sticker melting away...

I guess he won! icon_wink.gif

This is a fun new addition to Disney’s confectionery line. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/08/15/new-madame-leota-lollipops-in-disney-parks/