The MK is

The MK is just a boat ride away from FW. To me it is the best way to get back and forth. It is such a nice trip I don't pay attention to how long it takes.

For Epcot we like to take the Monorail if it is running. To do that we take a boat from the FW to the Contemporary and catch the Monorail to the Transportation Center. At TTC we catch the Monorail to Epcot. You can also take a bus from the Outpost to Epcot. Usually we have caught the Outpost bus pretty quickly. Returning by bus on the other hand we have always seemed to have a long wait of 30 minutes or more. It's a covered area and we've met some nice folks waiting in line but might not be desirable with younger children. Driving takes about 15-20 minutes unless you are leaving at closing then it can take a lot longer as people try to work their way out of the lot.

I've often wondered if catching a bus to the Contemporary or Wilderness lodge then taking a boat to FW would be faster than waiting for a direct bus from Epcot?

The WL bus shares Epcot with the Fort and stops there first. If you are on the yellow loop and don't have a golf cart parked at outpost, it is faster to get off at WL, and catch the bus to the Fort from WL, and stay on to your loop on the yellow bus.

The WL bus shares Epcot with the Fort and stops there first. If you are on the yellow loop and don't have a golf cart parked at outpost, it is faster to get off at WL, and catch the bus to the Fort from WL, and stay on to your loop on the yellow bus.

That's strange as I don't remember stopping at the WL on our last trip. Instead the bus went straight to FW.