From WDWMagic...

Construction permits suggest a return of the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights for 2015 5 hours ago in "Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights

Construction permits recently filed are the first official indication that the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights will be returning to Disney's Hollywood Studios for the 2015 holiday season.

Speculation is building around a major make-over of Disney's Hollywood Studios, which is likely to see the removal of the Streets of America area, and the home of 5 million+ Osborne Family lights.

Although it was always expected that the lights would return at least for 2015, the permit application suggests that the current plans are indeed for the lights to be shown this year.

No announcement has yet been made about the lights, or about the future of Disney's Hollywood Studios.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/osborne-family-spectacle-of-lights/news/30jun2015-installation-permits-suggest-a-return-of-the-osborne-family-spectacle-of-dancing-lights-for-2015.htm

Returning... I didn't know they lights were going anywhere. I sure hope they are up... they are part of what I want our kids to see, this November :unsure:

IIRC this rumor has been around for a few years. As a matter of fact, my DW read a rumor about it in 2013 so we decided to go to WDW for Christmas 2013. I wasn't going to tell her it was BS. I'm just hoping she sees this newest rumor.

IIRC this rumor has been around for a few years. As a matter of fact, my DW read a rumor about it in 2013 so we decided to go to WDW for Christmas 2013. I wasn't going to tell her it was BS. I'm just hoping she sees this newest rumor.

Good deal! :)    But just so you know, I'm telling my kids "it's Ray's fault".... if the lights are not up and running this November ;)

• 4 weeks later...

The official dates for this year's display of the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios are November 6 through January 3.

That makes me happy, it means we will get to see them this year!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think this info has been mentioned, but I figured I'd put it here too...

News: Details and Booking for 2015 Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights Dining Events

September 16, 2015 By AJ

Last week, Disney announced that 2015 will be the last year for The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The popular show is wrapping to accommodate construction for two new Lands coming to the park in the future: Toy Story and Star Wars.

The festive synchronized holiday lights and music show will be on display from November 6, 2015 through January 3, 2016.

osborne-family-spectacle-of-dancing-ligh

The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights

The announcement also revealed that two new extra ticket events will be added this year to celebrate the final run of The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. Details have been released for each of these events, which are now open for booking.

Merry and Bright Dessert Party

The Merry & Bright Dessert Party will take place from November 6 through December 30, 2015. Please note that the hours change based on the date you choose:

• from November 6-December 24, the party runs from 7:00 – 8:30 pm,
  • and from December 25-30, the party runs from 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm.
  • Excluded dates are: November 17, December 9, and December 18.

Guests will enjoy a reserved viewing area, and will also receive a custom stadium blanket as a souvenir.

Price to attend is $69 for adults, $39 for children (including tax and gratuity).

Seating-Frozen-Dessert-Party-6-416x625.j

Guests Enjoying the Seating Area

Guests can book by calling (407) 939-3463 or online via the Walt Disney World website.

Osborne-Lights-3-Frozen-Dessert-Party.-6

Osborne Lights — Peace On Earth

Merry and Bright Dinner Reception

From January 1 (8:30 to 10:00 pm), and 2nd, 3rd (7:00 to 8:30 pm), the Merry & Bright Dinner Reception will offer a chance to ring in the new year by enjoying small plates (turkey, beef, and shrimp dishes among them) along with specialty drinks, wine, and beer, all from an exclusive reserved viewing area. At evening’s end, each guest will receive “a custom shadow box keepsake featuring their own Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights!”

Seating-Frozen-Dessert-Party-1-600x399.j

Seating at Dusk Before the Lights Come On

The price to attend is $99 for adults, $54 for children (including tax and gratuity).

Interested guests may book this event online, or by calling (407) 939-3463.

Osborne-Lights-600x400.jpg

Osborne Lights

Please note that seating for the events is outdoors and uncovered without assigned seating, and an alternate location will be used in the event of rain (usually this is Studio Catering Co.). It is anticipated that these events may book up quickly, due to the popularity of the Dancing Lights.

For more information, be sure to visit the Merry & Bright Dessert Party and Merry & Bright Dinner Reception pages on the Walt Disney World website.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/09/16/news-details-announced-for-the-merry-bright-parties-for-the-2015-osborne-family-spectacle-of-dancing-lights/