Coming from Canada for Halloween. We hope!

This is my first official post long time lurker. Our family would like to camp at the FW over Halloween. No we don't have a reservation yet. (Gasp!) We are currently shopping for a used Class A, under 35 ft with at least one slide. Is there a specific loop or are you would recommend? DS 10 has a muscular disorder that makes him fatigue easily, we are hoping to borrow a golf cart. Should we reserve now? Looking for some guidance. Thank you I look forward to planning this trip!

WELCOME!!!

And yes, you most certainly should reserve now!!! As a matter of fact, you need to contact a Disney travel agent ASAP!! because sites at the Fort over Halloween are ALREADY becoming very hard to come by.

I would recommend contacting one of our site sponsors, [email protected] and get him to work on it!!

As far as a golf cart, you have a few options. You can rent directly from Disney. You can rent from home and bring it with you. You can rent from an offsite vendor locally in Orlando, and pick it up from them. (No deliveries of offsite golf carts to the Fort).

Halloween is the BEST time in my opinion. Lots of fun, plus Food & Wine Festival at Epcot.

Any loop at the Fort is great, but as a new MH user, I would either book Full Hookup or Premium. Those are the roomiest sites as far as ease of backing in.

Welcome

As Carol said I would definitely book now, you are able to cancel up to 5 days before you arrive or change your reservation at any time.

When you do get your reservation you can hae it added to the Halloween Grand Gathering thread. Seems like there will be a lot of Fiends at the Fort for Halloween 2015.

This will be our first Halloween and I am really looking forward to it.

As far as sites go you can also check out the Fort Fiends app with pictures, measurements, as well as other information on each site. Though I dont have the link for it im sure someone will be along soon with links to the videos of the sites as well.

Would the gathering be Halloween night? I'm really not sure what to expect at the Fort. Do we go trick or treating? Is there a special campfire that night? I guess I have some homework to do!

We're getting together on the 30th. There is trick or treating at the Fort! And lots of decorations. 

As mentioned I would highly recommend getting a reservation sooner than later. If you book a campsite only reservation you will only need to pay one night and the rest at check in so if plans change you can cancel up to 5 days ahead and get that night back. With Halloween on a weekend this year I am already starting to have a hard time getting sites for people. 

The hallmark of Fort Fiends is not too many plans are made. Yes, there is a big party on the 30th of October for one of our Fiends birthday, and this will probably be our big Potluck.

However, there are quite a few of us that will try to be in the same loop, and we'll spend a lot of the week, weekend, before and after hanging out, possibly having breakfast together at the Fort, some dinners together, other times just doing our own thing, and just spending time running our mouths together. Very little of it is planned, and whatever works for you and your family works for everyone :)

Those of us that won't actually be out trick or treating with little ones will be handing out trick or treats, and several of us converge upon a few sites and have a ToT table together.

Trick or Treating is a huge deal, and since it's a Saturday night, there will be TONS of folks out ToTing and TONS of candy handed out.

Folks do highly elaborate decorations on their sites for Halloween, some do none at all, some are in the middle. All are appreciated and enjoyed.

Welcome!!

You've already gotten the low-down on the Fiend High Holy Day (aka Halloween GG) - hope you'll be able to make it!

re: best sites/loops

We've got a bunch of info that might be helpful, including a Google Earth overview, Fort Fiends Mobile App (with dimensions, photos and more), and videos of all the camping loops...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/site-classifications-r61