Kenny the Pirate reporting new FP+ ONLY character meets

Here's the link...

http://kennythepirate.com/2014/05/06/mickeys-jammin-jungle-parade-canceled-character-palooza-updated-minnie-winnie-and-daisy-get-fastpass-star-wars-weekends-shows-get-fp/

And here's the info....

Minnie Mouse at Hollywood Studios, Winnie the Pooh at Epcot and Daisy/Donald at Animal Kingdom  to begin offering Fastpass+ booking on Sunday, May 11

UPDATE 5/7  All these meets are now listed as FP+ ONLY

I told you many moons ago that Minnie Mouse at Hollywood Studios, Winnie the Pooh at United Kingdom and the Discovery Island meet (changing from Tigger and Pooh to Daisy and Donald) would offer Fastpass+.  The story went that those meets would become FP+ exclusive meets.  Well, Minnie Mouse can now be chosen at Hollywood Studios as a Tier ONE Fastpass.  Effective MAY 11, 2014 you’ll be able to use a Tier ONE FP to choose a meet with Minnie Mouse.  I wouldn’t pre-book this meet.  I would use it as a 5th FP+ and the third Tier ONE.  Toy Story Midway Mania and Rock N Roller Coaster are higher priorities.  There hasn’t been any wait for Minnie in this location, but there also hasn’t been any signage.  I’m not sure how they will handle this meet.  There is currently only one entrance and the meet isn’t listed as FP+ ONLY. Either someone forgot or it will be the most wasted FP+ in history.  Looks like someone just forgot yesterday :)

Winnie the Pooh and Tigger in the United Kingdom are set to begin offering Tier ONE Fastpass at Epcot’s United Kingdom.  I would never choose this meet as a Tier ONE FP+.  I would use it for Soarin or Test Track, if want to use it badly, they use it as a  4th or 5th FP+ option in Epcot.  Fastpass+ availability begins May 11, 2014 as well.  There is currently only one entrance and the meet isn’t listed as FP+ ONLY.Either someone forgot or it will another of the most wasted FP+ in historyLooks like someone just forgot yesterday :)

In a move to become the first Fasptass+ ONLY meet and greet, Daisy and Donald will move to Discovery Island on May 11, 2014.  You may remember a while back I posted photos of the props having their names on them.  In order to meet Daisy an Donald in their Adventurer’s outfits at Animal Kingdom, you’ll be required to use FP+.  Animal Kingdom doesn’t require Tiers, so you could easily finish your touring and then use the 4th or 5th FP+ to meet them.  I set up 9:00am Fastpass+ for Sunday to check it out. This meet will be open from park opening until 30 minutes before close.

Tigger and Pooh will be leaving Animal Kingdom and continue to be available in all other meets.  Daisy and Donald will continue to meet at Tusker House.

The shocking part is that they won't have a standby line. Why?!?!?

Because they have a massive problem with not having enough decent attractions at the parks other than MK to make FP+ work.  I'm guessing that even with the tiers, there are not enough TT and Soarin' FP+'s to go around at Epcot.

The other issue is that they are now promising guests a 4th FP+ after they use their first three. There aren't enough Soarin' and TT FP spots for that.

So, they create this.  I've got your 4th FP+ right here.  Since there's no standby line, they can give those out all day long.

What would be OK with me is if they created some unique character experience- like rare characters, or a rare combination of characters, and make that into a FP+ experience. Instead, they take away an average meet and greet, and make it a Tier 1.

This program is a complete and utter mess. 

TCD

What would be OK with me is if they created some unique character experience- like rare characters, or a rare combination of characters, and make that into a FP+ experience. Instead, they take away an average meet and greet, and make it a Tier 1.

This program is a complete and utter mess.

TCD

Totally agree. Like bring back Lotso!!

I agree it would be worth it for a rare character or combo. For example, VILLAINS! Or, characters from Star Wars.... I agree with the article that having FP+ for Merida and Buzz/Woody would be great. I don't know about FP+ only though... I don't like the only part. 

I agree it would be worth it for a rare character or combo. For example, VILLAINS! Or, characters from Star Wars.... I agree with the article that having FP+ for Merida and Buzz/Woody would be great. I don't know about FP+ only though... I don't like the only part. 

I don't like it either.  But I think we better get used to it.  They will play this card again when needed during busy times.  It is a cheap and easy thing to create a new meet and greet FP+'s.

Whoppee!  A 4th FP+!

My Disney Magic is great!!!!

TCD

Does everybody in your family have to have the same FP+ schedule? Or when we go can Elizabeth and I have a totally different set from Brian and Adam? With a 5 yr age gap we will have 2 different sets if interests

You can schedule the FP+'s in any combination you want for your family.  Everyone is limited to 3, but they don't have to be the same.

You need to figure out the Rider Switch thing- I believe the way to do it is schedule just one adult for the FP+ with the first child.  They will give you a paper return pass which can then be used by up to three guests in the FP return line with no FP+ required.  If you do that right, Adam will be riding the big rides all day long with either mom or dad with no waiting.

TCD

Can you schedule them separately for your party from the get-go?  I remember last fall there were reports that the system defaulted to the same FPs for everyone in the party and then you had to go back and change them individually.  Has this changed?

Yes, it's changed.

When you start the process, you can check with members of your party you're scheduling FP+'s for.

I still go ahead and schedule all four of ours the same initially, and then make the changes from there- same deal here- you can check just the ones you want to change.  But, I could schedule them one at a time if I wanted to.

TCD