The more I read about park tickets (magic bands, etc.), the more confused I become.

I am taking the older set of grandkids to the fort in early June. Their first trip and I haven't been for 20 years. Because of time constraints, we are able to spend only four days in the parks themselves. One day in each park. (This only an initial trip, there will be others). Because of this, we have not selected the park hopper option since we will not have the time to make use of them.

My question is simple. Is it possible to use a single day day ticket (wrist band, or whatever it is) to enter a park, then leave for dinner and come back later that same day and re-enter on the same ticket?

Any really, really, really (I can't stress this enough), really simple explanation of how this whole ticket situation works will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ken

With a regular base ticket without the park hopper option, you can leave and re-enter the SAME park on the SAME day, as many times as you like.  Doing so will use only one 'day' of your multi-day ticket.

One frequently asked question is, "if I want to go to 2 different parks on the same day, and do not have the park hopper option, can I use 2 'days' off my multi-day ticket on the same day?"  The answer to that question would be "no."  In order to visit 2 or more DIFFERENT parks on the same day, you must have the park hopper option.

Hope this helps.  :)

What Mo said. A lot us on this board try to figure out the best way to enjoy the parks and it might seem a bit overwhelming.

But if you keep it simple and enjoy one park per day you'll be fine. We don't buy park hopper passes because we go to a park in the morning, take a break in the afternoon, and then go back that afternoon/evening.

Have fun and don't over think it like I have been known to do.

Thanks.

That's the info I needed about re-entry to parks on the same day.

We have ordered the 4 day tickets. It is my understanding that if circumstances change, we could add an additional day to the tickets by just paying the difference between a 4 day and 5 day ticket. And we could do this even after using one or more of the days already. Correct?

I should be receiving our Disney info packet in another week or so. I imagine it will have the dvd mentioned above.

It's been a long winter and I really need this trip.

Ken 

You can upgrade your ticket any time within 14 days of first use - that includes adding days or even adding park hopping if you decide you will use it.  Yes, you just pay the difference to upgrade.

That is also correct but if all the existing days have been used Disney changed the policy last year I believe that they can no longer be upgraded. Must upgrade them before the last day is over and all must be used within 14 days of first use. 

Thanks again. You have all been most helpful. I hope to meet some you at the fort June 7-17. I'll be easy to recognize, I'll be the old guy bring up the rear behind two very energetic teens. Save me a drink, I'll probably need it.

Ken

Be sure to post your site number, and I bet you'll get a visit!

Thanks again. You have all been most helpful. I hope to meet some you at the fort June 7-17. I'll be easy to recognize, I'll be the old guy bring up the rear behind two very energetic teens. Save me a drink, I'll probably need it.

Ken

We will at Disney, not the Fort, from the 31st of May till the 14th of June. We plan on coming by the fort a few times. So please post your site so we can come by and say howdy

We will at Disney, not the Fort, from the 31st of May till the 14th of June. We plan on coming by the fort a few times. So please post your site so we can come by and say howdy

Ray we will be at the Fort from the 24th of may till the 3rd of June.  We will post our site # when we get there.  It would be great if you could stop by.  The more Fiends we can meet the better.

Ray we will be at the Fort from the 24th of may till the 3rd of June. We will post our site # when we get there. It would be great if you could stop by. The more Fiends we can meet the better.

That's awesome. I'll have too look y'all up. And with my luck I'll be there on a rainy night. So plan on being home when it's raining.

That is also correct but if all the existing days have been used Disney changed the policy last year I believe that they can no longer be upgraded. Must upgrade them before the last day is over and all must be used within 14 days of first use. 

I wasn't aware of the change - thanks Jason!